Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Yesterday the stress level was high...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 21, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Driving truck & pony back from North Van job, I was almost hit (literally within inches) by no less than six vehicles on the highway...  Time for dash cam, as the truck is always assumed to be at fault.  Ask me how I know this.

Then the stress of dropping them off for required bi-annual Motor Vehicle Inspection (will the bill be $1,000?  Or $5,000?  Just like a slot machine, you never know!)

Then I walk back to the truck park to my car, since it's only a 20 minute walk.  Have to cross an intersection.  Push the pedestrian walk button.  Get green light and walk signal...  NOBODY is fucking yielding to me!  They just keep turning!  Fucking Honkies, Chinks, and Paki's alike...  So I start to cross regardless, and this seems to confuse these fucking idiots...

I have the green fucking light and the god damned walk signal...  You fucking YIELD to me!  I'm literally in the middle of the fucking intersection losing my shit, screaming at people.  I am NOT crossing on a rainy night dressed all in black.  It's a sunny fucking day.  USE your fucking eyes before I gouge them out.

Dude at the red light was just staring at me.

I fucking hate the city more and more.  I calculated my total worth if I sold everything (minus personal vehicle, as we all need to drive)...  Condo, truck & trailer, stocks, savings, etc, and came up with a conservative figure of $800,000 CDN.  I WISH I could fucking retire to somewhere nice here, but although this figure may appear 'nice,' it is fuck all when one takes into account the cost of housing here.  I have a ways to go yet before I can collect Canada Pension, which is a fucking pittance anyhow.  I don't have a nice union or government pension coming to me, so I have to factor this in also.

It would be nice if I could meet a girl with her shit together also, so we could combine forces and make things work, instead of me doing everything solo.

Anonymous

I grew up in Toronto and I live in Barrie. I hate the bumper to bumper on the 400 down to the 401. I am hating it more and more the older I get.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "seoulbro"I grew up in Toronto and I live in Barrie. I hate the bumper to bumper on the 400 down to the 401. I am hating it more and more the older I get.

You know the feeling then...  Every day I think about it.  Reminds me of these song lyrics:  

QuoteWe gotta get out of this place

If its the last thing we ever do

We gotta get out of this place

Girl, there's a better life

For me and you

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I grew up in Toronto and I live in Barrie. I hate the bumper to bumper on the 400 down to the 401. I am hating it more and more the older I get.

I can relate Seoul..

The traffic congestion in Calgary is bad enough now and steadily getting worse.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

If its the last thing we ever do

Girl, there's a better life

For me and you

The Animals...with Eric Burdon.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"The Animals...with Eric Burdon.

Just learned it was actually written by Barry Mann...  a JEW!  Sadly it is tainted, and now cannot be included on Scouse's 'list of approved items'...   :sad:

Berry Sweet

I dont like the traffic either.  A lot of ignorant manouvers out here.  If someone cuts me off or does something stupid...I follow them for a good minute and continuously lay on the horn.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont like the traffic either.  A lot of ignorant manouvers out here.  If someone cuts me off or does something stupid...I follow them for a good minute and continuously lay on the horn.

Are they Asian?  Do they look surprised and startled with horn honk?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont like the traffic either.  A lot of ignorant manouvers out here.  If someone cuts me off or does something stupid...I follow them for a good minute and continuously lay on the horn.

Are they Asian?  Do they look surprised and startled with horn honk?

90% of the time.

Berry Sweet

Not all look startled...many just try to ignore me like they don't know what's going on.

Berry Sweet

God..I wish I had a dash can for some of the shit I've seen...

Chuck Bronson

Coquitlam has tons of Asians!  Yet just South of there in the Sapperton area of New West, it's all fucking Whities!  Weird how demographics work, but I do notice it with my job...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"God..I wish I had a dash can for some of the shit I've seen...

My old boss has installed dash cams in all his trucks...  He said they've already paid for themselves by preventing bullshit fault claims (remember, the truck is always at fault until proven otherwise)...

I really need to buy one for my truck.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"God..I wish I had a dash can for some of the shit I've seen...

My old boss has installed dash cams in all his trucks...  He said they've already paid for themselves by preventing bullshit fault claims (remember, the truck is always at fault until proven otherwise)...

I really need to buy one for my truck.

Anyone could use one...front and back...I was parked at home and woke up to go to my car and there's a dent and a scrape...pisses me off...people don't realize my street is a dead end...

Chuck Bronson

They've come way down in price now.  He buys ones that have a keyed lock, so the driver can't tamper with the evidence, so they're a bit more expensive, but most people just need a basic one...